Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Recap of the Journey thus far III

In early July, I was notified that there is one nominee who has deferred his scholarship and that makes the scholarship to be available again. As there are a few people who are qualified for the scholarship, I was asked to submit a project proposal to them in a few days time.

I was delighted by this opportunity. Now, there is hope again. I spent time to come out with the best proposal that will land me the scholarship. I chanted even more to have the wisdom to write a proposal that will be able to touch the committee.

After a deliberating and making amendments after amendments, I was finally satisfied and send them my proposal. I wait with bated breath on the decision. During this period of time, I knew that I had to chant even more daimoku. I sent my daimoku to the people that I never met before but only correspond through the email. I wanted to really fulfil my mission in kosenrufu and life. I wanted this badly.

One day before the results were known, I chanted 5 to 6 hours of daimoku. I can feel that I am definitely going to UK. And the next day, I waited for my email the whole day but no reply from them. It was after 5pm and I was on my way back when my girlfriend checked my email and called me to say that I have been nominated for the scholarship.

Immediately, I poured out tears of joy in the car. But then, it was only a nomination. The journey has not ended. I submitted whatever forms that they ask me to return to them and it will be forwarded to the Association of Commonwealth Universities for approval.

I had to continue waiting. Time passes by real slowly. Then after around 2 weeks later, I was confirmed of the scholarship subject to a medical examination. Whoa! And finally I can say that I am really going to London and has changed the impossible to possible by basing it on the Mystic Law of Nam-myoho-renge- kyo.

There are more challenges ahead for me. But I do not fear anything now for I know that I will conquer everything that comes with faith.

No comments: