Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Recap of the Journey thus far II

After around 1 week later, the people there emailed me that I need to get another referee which I duly obliged and sent it to them. However, they inform me that the nomination for the scholarship has already been done and as I submitted late, I would not be considered for the scholarship. I can only be considered for a place for the course.

What the heck! How can I go without the scholarship? Where do I find the money to go? It is downright heartbreaking to get the news. After harbouring some hope of getting it, it all seem to evaporate into thin air. No matter how I try to convince them of my sincerity of wanting to join them and appealing to them, they say there is nothing they could do. I have to get my own funds if I want to go.

I was disappointed and lost. I wanted to just give up. But fortunately someone close to me encouraged me not to give up and continue chanting and pray for to change the impossible into possible. I try to pick myself up. I need to continue to chant. I have heard of other people's experience in achieving the impossible. (Thanks to Serrene's experience) Why cant I be like them? I chanted that somehow they will allocate an extra place for me.

I chanted hours of daimoku. I wanted to share my experience of achieving the impossible. That was a few days before I went down to KL. I wanted to show the actual proof of the Gohonzon. At the same time, I emailed them and numerous times to show my persistence in wanting the scholarship.

TO be continued

No comments: