Monday, September 29, 2008

First Week in London

Without realizing it, I have completed my first week in London. What a first week it has been! I arrived on the 21st of September after a 12-13 hour cramped Malaysia Airlines flight from KLIA. Sitting on economy class for a long haul flight is not so pleasant after all. Fortunately, I have got a place to crash in at Leon's room when I arrive. Thanks Leon for the 5 nights stay in your room.
On the first day in London, we managed to catch the Chelsea vs MU game, not in Stamford Bridge though but in a pub nearby. It was a good experience as we sat in a pub with Englishmen drinking and cursing throughout the match. Most are Chelsea supporters (its London by the way) and it was quite a relief when Salomon Kalou equalized. A draw is a good result for a Liverpool fan.
Slept very early at around 6 or 7pm until the next morning which makes up to 12 hours of sleep. Blame it on the jet lag. The next two days was spent on finding a room which is a daunting task in London. Accommodation are darn expensive in London. Managed to find a room on Tuesday. A room for 2 awaiting my other half to come. It is quite a good deal for 2 but I had some doubts initially. Chanted about it and I hoped that this place will turn out fine.
Now that I have moved in and settled down, I await the start of my course on the 29th Sept. I am determined to do well and will give my very best shot at it.
Thats all for now.
Finsbury Park ( Does it look like Dialogue with Nature)

The Emirates Stadium ( not too far from where I am staying)

1 comment:

limkokwei said...

How about Leon now? Long time didn't see him. Wish you all the best!!!